I have more fun as an adult on Halloween. By late September I am using Pinterest to come up with a unique costume. Most people would say that Halloween is meant for couples, hence the couples’ costumes. I have found that it’s the best time to meet a new guy in person. There is something about putting on a costume that makes you project a new energy onto the world. You’ll stand different, be more extroverted, and feel sexier….
How to dress on Halloween…
- You might dress more provocatively than you normally do – I think it’s fun to look sexy on Halloween. Use your assets to your advantage.
- Wear any makeup you want – Go all out on makeup. It’s so fun to experiment with glitter and color.
- Watch a makeup tutorial on YouTube – It’s worth it to get some technical skills
- Wear a wig – A wig really pulls the whole costume together.
- Think outside the box – Dress as someone who is recognizable, yet easy to recreate. Think of a famous character in a film or maybe a certain type of woman in a different era. You might even want to update a classic costume into something very unique.
- Make a Pinterest board – This will help visualize the actual costume and makeup look.
How to save money on a costume…
- Brainstorm a costume that is already in your closet – Go though your clothes and see what you already have. Maybe you have some red cowboy boots and it gives you the inspiration to be a sexy cowgirl.
- Go to a thrift store – Buy your main parts of your costume at a thrift store. Try your best to find somewhat comfortable clothes and shoes. You don’t want to end up with a twisted ankle.
- Buy small items or makeup at the Halloween store – Don’t spend a fortune on a costume wrapped in plastic. It can be ill-fitting and it lacks creativity. I do like to buy certain makeup at the Halloween store. Also, it’s part of the experience and gets you into the spirt.
How to not be offensive with your costume…
In this day and age you can offend anyone. It’s good to just keep your creative vision politically correct. Your costume shouldn’t be a different culture’s traditional dress. For example, if you are white, it’s not the best idea to dress as a Native American. Keep race and culture out of your costume.
How to go out with friends or solo….
As a single person, I say the night is yours. You might want to have a scheduled date to meet, or you can just go by yourself and see what happens. It’s a great night to go to a bar you never go to and be out of your comfort zone. I don’t suggest being on a group of friends’ schedule; have your own transportation.
How to get the most out of your night…
- Don’t settle on the first guy who hits on you – Some guys will want to keep you for the whole night. Accept the drink, but keep it moving.
- Go to multiple locations – Be prepared to walk. So maybe those six-inch heels won’t be the best idea. If a place is too crowded or the vibe is off, then leave immediately.
- Pre-game if you can – This is why it’s best to plan ahead. Meet at a friend’s first and then walk to the bars.
- Figure out your ride situation before – I suggest taking Uber or walking to a friend’s house etc. Basically, don’t drive drunk. If you end up with a DUI, you will wearing a costume in jail. Think about that.
- Remember to have fun – This is the night where you get to be someone else. Make up a fake name, speak in a different voice, and don’t be a wallflower.
Halloween is a great time to express your creativity. Sometimes the best costumes come out of your closet. Avoid spending money on a $200 costume that comes in a plastic bag. Cultural awareness is important. A culture’s traditional dress is not a costume. Everyone is easily offended so I would just avoid it completely. If you have zero ideas, check out ideas on Pinterest or Google. You can look up what’s trending and the predictions for what will be the most popular. Remember to check the weather, it can really make a difference in your vision. You might have to include a coat in your costume. Being single is the most fun on Halloween. You won’t get stuck dressing up in a cheesy couples’ costume. Don’t be afraid to go out alone. Check the events that are going on and just go. You never know who you will meet.